In 2019 the Providence Resilience Partnership (PRP) formed to support the mobilization of Providence’s diverse communities and our rich skill sets to achieve a momentous goal – to save our city.
Because of carbon levels already emitted, over the next 30 years, we should expect:
- Damaging sea-level rise,
- River flooding,
- Larger and stronger storms, and
- Rising wind and temperatures.
Providence CAN thrive in this dynamic future. But we need community-wide leadership committed to bold solutions that work for all Rhode Islanders.
Join Our Mission
Please contact us to join PRP along with other Providence businesses, academic institutions, nonprofits and community leaders. Together, we can prepare Providence for the future that we know is coming.
Our Community Members
Show your support
With your help we can continue to turn ideas into action. Though newly formed, we’ve already:
- Held a kickoff meeting to identify efforts underway and a path forward
- Commissioned a URI/ Sea Grant report to synthesize existing data on Providence’s climate risk
- Begun planning a series of upcoming workshops with city stakeholders to map a path forward for resilience informed by the URI report.
To contribute, please:
- Use the link below to donate through our fiscal sponsor, The Providence Foundation, or
- Mail your check to The Providence Foundation at 30 Exchange Terrace, 4th Floor, Providence, RI 02903.
Please indicate PRP as the recipient in the memo line or a separate document.
Thank you for your support to save our city!
Please contact us to stay informed about our activities, or for media requests.