ASAP | Ready to Fund Resilience Training | July 27, 2022 12-1:30pm ET
Free for government employees! New training from ASAP starts July 27 including Intro to Climate Resilience Funding & Finance; Prioritizing Equity in Climate Resilience Investment; Introduction to Blended Finance & Project Bundling.
Ready to Fund Resilience Training
Join American Society of Adaptation Professionals and Climate Resilience Consulting for a mini Ready-to-Fund Resilience Training for local government staff and technical assistance providers. The training will include two live sessions with a self-guided session in between.
- Live Session 1: Introduction to Climate Resilience Funding and Finance (Wednesday July 27, 12-1:30pm ET). You’ll learn about mechanisms that can be used to fund climate resilience projects, get an introduction to the 10 characteristics of ready-to-fund resilience projects, and practice addressing the interests of key stakeholders who may influence a climate resilience project’s funding and finance prospects.
- Self-Guided Session: Prioritizing Equity in Climate Resilience Investments (Week of August 1). You’ll explore alternatives to traditional cost-benefit analyses (CBA) that prioritize low- and moderate-income (LMI) and Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) communities; learn about strategies to undertake project co-development with community members; and assess community engagement mechanisms based on a spectrum of community ownership.
- Live Session 2: Introduction to Blended Finance and Project Bundling (Wednesday August 10, 12-1:30pm ET). You’ll learn how to match public and private funding and finance opportunities to various stages of a project life, identify opportunities to bundle projects to maximize financing and funding possibilities, and use project bundling to decrease costs and enhance efficiency.
- Local government staff: FREE. Use code GOV at checkout. Please use your local government email address when registering
- Others (ASAP members): $30
- Others (non-members): $45