One of the challenges that communities face when addressing water quality, flooding and/or other climate change impacts is identifying funding mechanisms to support their projects. With unprecedented funding available for this work, this workshop will provide a roadmap by highlighting key funding opportunities for water quality and climate resilience projects. This workshop will allow participants to also speak with funders about their specific projects.
Time: March 15, 2023 (10AM-12PM EST)
Location: Online Webinar
Municipalities, non-profits, water systems, tribes, and consulting firms who work directly with municipalities to administer grants. Those with interest in applying for grants to support water quality restoration and climate resilience projects in Rhode Island.
By attending this workshop, attendees will:
- Be introduced to key funding opportunities for water quality restoration and climate resilience projects in Rhode Island
- Be able to match their projects to specific funding agencies and/or programs
- Talk directly with funding agency representatives about specific sources of funding
Martha Sheils – NE EFC Director
10:05 Welcome Address
US Senator Jack Reed from Rhode Island
10:15 Overview of Funding Programs
- SNEP Watershed Implementation Grants (SWIG) – Restore America’s Estuaries
- NFWF National Coastal Resilience Fund – Throwe Environmental
- Narragansett Bay Estuary Program – Narragansett Bay Estuary Program
- Southeast New England Project – SNEP
- Nonpoint Source Program – RIDEM Office of Water Resources
- State Climate Resilience Bond Funds – RIDEM Director’s Office
- Emergency Management Program, PL-566 – Natural Resources Conservation Service
- RIIB Stormwater and Resilience Programs – Rhode Island Infrastructure Bank
11:25 Q&A Breakout sessions
Each funding representative will have their own separate zoom link (to be provided during the workshop). Attendees can move from room to room to speak individually with funders. Attendees are encouraged to bring specific project ideas for discussion with and feedback from grant program representatives.